Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Rainy days make my soul grey



Now don't get me wrong. I enjoy rain on occasion. It waters the plants and keeps things from getting too hot. But everything in moderation. I do not enjoy when it rains for days. It keeps me inside with the gloom. The sun does not wake me up to say good morning. I cannot open the windows to let in the air that smells distinctly of fall. I cannot get much of anything done. And Tillie won't even attempt to go to the bathroom in the rain. It just throws everything off. And it makes me sad.

Due to the rain, I have spent countless hours on the computer today. I feel as if I almost have not existed except in cyberspace. I spent a few hours working on details for Laura's bachelorette. I have made a pretty incredible playlist for the weekend, if I do say so myself. And I have caught up on some pretty interesting websites that keep me entertained on days like this.

I braved the rain for a few hours this evening and went for coffee with Kristin and Kat. Well, I had tea, but you get the idea. We wandered around Barnes and Noble and as always, I found about 500 books that I wanted. I wish I had a job where I could just sit around and read books all day long and get paid for it.

Here are the websites and things around the Internet that I am digging on this rainy Tuesday:

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
-- not sure if I've ever talked about this before but it really is hilarious.

thisiswhyyourefat.com -- a hilarious website dedicated to the monstrosities of the food world -- guaranteed to make you never want to eat again.

peopleofwalmart.com -- Kat turned me on to this site dedicated to the absurdities you often observe at your local Wal Mart.

failblog.org -- always a good laugh when you've got time to burn

fmylife.com -- we stumbled upon this book today at Barnes and Noble and it reminded me just how much this website makes me laugh. Its proof that no matter how bad your day sucked, it could always be worse.

Wii Fit Parody
-- thank you Kristin for telling me about this video. as ridiculous as it is, I still love using the Wii Fit.

Kristin's music video -- Krit and her brother Brent created a pretty awesome music video featuring Brent's mad videography skills and Kristin's beautiful face and voice. And enjoy the great views of Little Rock and the Natural State.

1 comment:

Lorenzo said...

I love this is why you're fat!

great site indeed