Sunday, July 19, 2009

Summer Camping Trip 2009

Saturday we had a rough morning. Tillie didn't sleep at all. She stayed up all night looking out the window of the tent, checking on us all, and keeping a lookout. And so we didn't get much sleep either. Then I woke up early, went running, and then came back and had pancakes. They were really good. We tried to do some fishing but found out it didn't work so well without live bait. So then we went swimming in the lake. Andrew and Tyler had a blast rough housing and playing football. I think I stepped on something and hurt my foot.

Later, after dinner, we tried fishing again -- this time with worms. But nothing was really biting. I don't think the fishing is so great at that lake, at least where we were.

That night we all slept better. Tillie was worn out from the night before and a lot more calm. She slept pretty much the entire night through. Really early in the morning Sunday though, we heard something outside the tent making a lot of noise. It sounded like a racoon scratching at the foot locker of food trying to get it open. Tillie heard this and sat straight up. She didn't bark or growl or anything, but she did try to jump right through the tent and get out there. I like to think she was trying to protect us but it may have been she was trying to jump ship.

We ate breakfast, spent a while around the campfire, and then packed up and left. Tillie really enjoyed the ride back down the scenic highway with the windows down. The weather was perfect. We stopped @ Ruby Tuesday's in Bryant (I didn't realize it was so close to your house, Tammy. If you had been home, I would have come by with Tyler and Tillie.)

We got home, gave Tillie a bath, took showers, and then had a 3 hour nap. For dinner, we went over to my parents' and they grilled steaks and we played trash train dominoes. Now it's late and our little family is tired from our adventures. We all need a good night's sleep to recover from our weekend. But I guess that means we had a good time.

No comments: